- About CMS
- Extended Programs
- Give to CMS
- Cambridge Montessori Institute
Spirit of Philanthropy
At Cambridge Montessori School, we are fortunate to have many past and present families, friends and alumni contribute generously to support the mission of our school. It is through their generosity that we are able to provide an exceptional education to all of our students. Like most independent schools, tuition revenue does not cover the entire cost of a CMS education. For this reason, we rely heavily on the "spirit of philanthropy" from our extended CMS community to enrich our programs and improve our facilities.
Cambridge Montessori is an independent, non-profit, tax-exempt organization that receives no public funding. Each gift is important, and no gift is too large or too small.
There are various ways that you can proudly support Cambridge Montessori School:
- The CMS Fund - this annual program is the cornerstone of philanthropy at Cambridge Montessori School. Funds from the The CMS Fund are unrestricted, which means that they are used for the general operating budget.
- Auction - the annual auction is held each spring and is a great way to get involved, either through the donation of products and services, time spent helping with classroom projects, or with spirited bidding at the event. All proceeds from the auction are designated to financial aid.
- Matching Employment Contributions - these funds are available by many employers, who will match their employees’ contributions to Cambridge Montessori. All paperwork should be initiated with your employer. This program is an opportunity to double your giving a to your donation to our school.
- Specific Campaigns - Cambridge Montessori School may embark upon a "specific campaign" to raise revenue for new capital or programmatic projects. These campaigns are targeted to achieve specific goals aligned with our Strategic Plan.